Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Choice of Improvement

Scenario 1:
Dawn breaks, I awake to the chirping of birds while the sun covers my room with happiness. I spring out of bed, throw on my clothes, and skip off to class. No pain, just happiness. I may only weigh 160lbs and of coarse I don’t reach any of my goals but hey, I feel good and can walk normally. It’s a great life.

Scenario B:
I am abruptly awaken by the screeching phone alarm. Its 3 hours before I need to be anywhere but I have to get my breakfast in somehow. I stumble out of bed to get my food and stuff down the calories. I lay back down only to be reawaken by another alarm a couple hours later. Trying to get dressed is almost impossible because I am so sore. I painfully walk to the gym to get my workout in. It's hell on my body, it’s not always fun. But I WILL reach my goals. I make other people in the gym look soft and weak. At the end of the day I am proud of my accomplishments and gains. The pain and hurt are non-existent at this point. Just pure bliss.

Anything in life worth having is worth hurting for. Will you sacrifice to reach your goals? Will you go through pain to achieve what you want in life? I know I will be choosing scenario B. Make the choice, I hope its not scenario 1.

No comments: