Sunday, March 7, 2010

Arnold 2010

This weekend was the annual Arnold Classic and my second trip to the event. I brought some rookies to the event to share the greatness I experienced last year. We also went two days this year instead of just one. From arrival on it was just as great as I remembered it. Tons of free stuff, huge guys, and in-shape females. Talked to a couple vendors about their products, watched the Strong Man competition and deadlift competition, met some pros, and just took in the atmosphere. It's a great feeling to know that you are surrounded by like minded people loving every second of the gym consumed atmosphere.

Outside of the Arnold, my buddies and I made a 3 mile trek to go eat at Thurman's (home of the Thurmanator). We got there and realized there were 50 names on the list before us and after waiting about 2 hours with hardly any progress we decided that it was not worth a 4 hour wait. As much as I wanted to take a stab at the Thurmanator, I didn't want to wait 4 hours (especially being how hungry I was) and I wanted to catch some more of the Classic.

We finished up our visit to the Classic with the deadlift competition. Big weights being lifted...can't get much better than that. All I know is, I am ready for next year!

Brian Shaw...just 6'8 400lbs.

Jamie Eason...I love her

StrongMan Competition

These guys took this booth so seriously...pay to pose with these girls...they think your huge haha

No comments: