Sunday, March 28, 2010

Project 190 Results

This week wrapped up my self-project, Project 190. If you don't remember, the goals of this project were to get stronger in all aspects and increase my body weight to 190lbs. The project was a 12-week program, consisting of a 4-day lifting split. During the final two weeks I got a head cold and my appetite was hurt during that time. Needless to say, that pissed me off quite a bit. The end results were not where I had planned on being but I still made some nice gains. Overall, I gained about 5-6 pounds, 187.5 being the peak of my weight gain during the 12 weeks. I also gained a total of 5 inches and my body fat stayed just about the same (although I don't trust the Omeron hand held tester). My strength went up on all lifts and my test numbers are below:

Vertical: 30in. - no gain
Squat: 405lbs - up 20lbs
*Bench: 300lbs - no gain
Deadlift: 425lbs Sumo - didn't test before
3RM Pullup: +125lbs - up 45lbs

*Benching was up and down the whole time due to having a spot or not as well as the last two weeks being affected by the head cold.

Overall, I am pleased with the results and the program but far from satisfied. I am now onto a program by Eric Cressey called Maximum Strength. This is a 16-week program working towards developing strength. I have built my strength back up to where it was this time last year so now it is time to blow my old PR's out of the water. Gotta keep building and growing.

No comments: