Sunday, March 8, 2009

There's a Difference Between Stripper Hot and Fitness Hot


Columbus, Ohio...the home of Ohio State University and...well, I'm not sure what else. This weekend didn't matter though because it was home of the mecca of everything that is heavy weights, protein powders, syringes, plastic surgery, and fake tans. In case somehow you don't know what I'm talking about, it was home of the Arnold Classic. This was my first experience of the Arnold and I must say in no way was I let down. With three days of figure, bodybuilding, strongman, and powerlifting competitions, not to mention the other sports competitions, it was a glorious event. For $10 I was blessed with an expo of over 600 vendors supplying me with samples of their products. I was taking shots of creatine, protein, glutamine, and who knows what else. Sample protein bars, chewable vitamins, and other health supplements were also consumed throughout the day. I couldn't even begin to estimate the amount of calories and other "stuff" I put into my body. I also walked away with bag fulls of free samples, t-shirts, and magazines.



Beyond the free stuff the population at the Arnold was one I could only expect in a dream. The men stood as wide as they were tall with body fat percentages less than that of Ethiopians and the females ranged from competitors who made me look like I never lifted a weight in my life to models/strippers with bodies as if they were molded by artists. There's a difference between stripper hot and fitness hot but it was all there at the Arnold and needless to say, they were all showing off their immaculate bodies. I was finally at a place where people understood and admired bodies full of muscle and symmetry instead of being in this world where girls say, "Ewww...he's too muscular. I like small, skinny guys with no back."

We stayed there from 9a.m. until 6p.m. and at no point was I without something to entertain me. I was right at home. Meatheads everywhere, massive amounts of weight being lifted and gorgeous people all around me. I have already started the countdown until next year...364 days left. Oh, and no meathead convention is complete without bags of protein puffs.


No comments: